Head of Sales
Our mission at CharacterScope is to build the most highly-recommended team toolkit on the planet.
We’re a successful start-up creating a truly engaging digital platform using a combination of technical brilliance, visual magic, and deep psychological insight.
We have the foundations of a great business (product, traction in the market, revenue), but there’s so much more we want to do. We’ve recently appointed our Head of Marketing and we’re now looking for a Head of Sales to join them and us in shaping our future success as a business and with it, the future of team-working.
The role is about inspiring and engaging people to buy the benefits that CharacterScope will bring to their organisation. It’s about creating relationships of trust. For sure, there will be quarterly pressures to hit targets, but deeper down this role is about building a brilliant business whose revenues and market impact match the potential of the product.
It’s a leadership role, but we don’t need you to have already proven yourself as a leader — we’ll help you do that. Above all, it’s a team role so we’re searching for people who are as passionate as we are about making this team one of the stand-out experiences of their life.
Given that our promise to our users and customers is that we will provide a deeply engaging learning experience that empowers them and their teams, then you can trust that we are committed to making that same promise to you.
In this role you will
- Take ownership of our revenue targets and lead the activities needed to land the targets.
- Bring new customers to us.
- Work closely alongside Arabella (Co-founder and Chief Customer Officer) and Victoria (Head of Customer Engagement) to create deeply engaged customers who are delighted with their decision to choose CharacterScope.
- Work closely alongside Alex (Head of Marketing) moving leads through to becoming motivated customers.
- Be a clear voice in the leadership team helping us identify and fuel our path to growth.
- Find talented people to join your team and nurture their sales and customer flair.
- Play your part setting the tone and culture of who we are.
We’d love to hear from you if
- You’ve been successful in sales or biz dev in a smaller enterprise or consultancy (ideally early stage B2B digital business in Edtech, HRtech or Healthtech).
- You’ve got experience of successfully selling to both business leaders and HR.
- You have a degree (and ideally post-grad) in psychology and a continuing love of the science of people.
- You’re as fed-up as we are about the stereotype of the ‘sales hunter’ – we think there’s a different, more human and engaging way of doing sales.
- You care deeply about helping people and teams achieve their potential.
- You’ve failed a bunch of times and don’t mind calling it failure.
- You thrive in an environment that creates by building, learning, adapting and going again… and succeeding.
- You’re excited about finding new ways of working: remotely, with meet-ups, in London, in Oxford…maybe even back to an office in the future.
- You have a point of view but are low ego.
- We’re guessing you’ll have at least 5 years’ experience in sales, building out your skills – now is the time to put all of them together to make a lasting mark on our business.
£40,000 – £50,000 base + revenue share + equity options
We think it’s important to know your audience. If you choose to apply, here’s who will be involved in the decision-making process for your application.
We’re actively seeking diversity in our team, and welcome applications from anyone who believes that they can make a difference to what we do.
Founder & Director
Founder & CEO
Head of Marketing
Customer & User Engagement